This guide offers you a complete review of the articles published on our blog, which are subdivided into different categories according to their content. The categories are as follows;
- Basic concepts articles
- Solar panels articles
- Inverters articles
- Batteries articles
- Energy scenarios articles
- Tesla equipment articles
- Solar energy articles
- Uncategorized articles
Basic concepts articles
Power and energy in solar energy systems.
- This article explains the difference between the concepts of power and energy. Being fundamental in the field of electricity production from renewable energy, we strongly advise you to read this article if you are not familiar with these concepts. The following articles will cover them often. To read the article, click here.
Grid-tied or off-grid, what is best for a solar energy system? And why?
- This article explains the difference between a grid-tied solar system and an off-grid system, the two types of solar energy systems possible. To read the article, click here.
Solar panels articles
What is the difference between a monocrystalline and polycrystalline solar panel?
- This article explains the difference between the two most popular types of photovoltaic solar panels. To read the article, click here.
How long does a solar energy system last?
- This article lists and explains the functioning of the different components of a solar energy system with a backup (solar panels, inverters and batteries) and talks about the lifespan of each of them. To read the article, click here.
Where to install your solar panels: on the ground or on your roof?
- This article explains the advantages and disadvantages of installing solar panels on the ground, on a pitched roof as well as on a flat roof. To read the article, click here.
How are photovoltaic solar panels made?
- This article talks about the functioning of a photovoltaic solar panel, the different types of solar cells, the materials necessary for their manufacture, the different stages of the manufacturing of a photovoltaic solar panel as well as the best type of photovoltaic solar panel. To read the article, click here.
How to clean your solar panels?
- This article explains how to properly clean your solar panels, either when they are very dusty or when they are buried in snow. To read the article, click here.
Inverter or micro-inverter, what to choose? And why?
- This article explains how an inverter works in a solar energy system and explains the difference between a standard inverter and a micro-inverter. To read the article, click here.
Battery types review 2020
- This article explains how a battery works and provides a review of the different types of batteries available in the current Canadian market. The types of batteries reviewed are lead-acid batteries, AGM batteries, gel batteries and lithium-ion batteries. To read the article, click here.
Is having batteries worth it?
- This article talks about the average capacity of a battery, the number of batteries needed according to your level of energy consumption, the average price of batteries, the average lifespan of a battery, the energy sacrifices to be made when you entirely depend on the batteries, the difference between a backup system made of batteries compared to a backup system made of a single generator, the need to have a backup or not and finally the possibility of adding batteries to a standard solar energy system. To read the article, click here.
Energy scenario articles
Review of different solar energy systems with backup
- This article presents different scenarios of solar energy systems with batteries and shows the amount of energy produced by the solar panels and storable by the batteries. The scenarios will give you an idea of the amount of usable energy according to the total power of your solar energy system. To read the article, click here.
Solar energy articles
Solar tips for your new home
- This article explains how to optimize the layout of your future home to accommodate a possible solar energy system. The topics of the ideal location of the house, its ideal orientation, the ideal design of its roof, the ideal location of the inverter and cable management will be discussed. To read the article, click here.
How do solar panels help fight climate change?
- This article talks about the composition of the global electricity mix, the place of renewable energy sources in the global electricity mix, the ecological footprint of solar energy facing different sources of electricity production, the scale of investments by different energy sources and finally how having solar panels at home helps in the fight against climate change. To read the article, click here.
Solar energy is the fastest growing renewable energy source
- This article shows you that solar energy receives the largest share of investments in renewable energy. It also shows where these investments come from and predicts the size of future investments. To read the article, click here.
The Quebec photovoltaic potential, a potential that surprises many
- This article gives the definition of the photovoltaic potential, explains the origins of the variation of the photovoltaic potential and shows the world photovoltaic potential, the Canadian photovoltaic potential, the Quebec photovoltaic potential and the photovoltaic potential of the solar leaders. To read the article, click here.
How can solar energy help farmers?
- This article presents the advantages that farmers have when they decide to opt for solar energy as well as the financial incentives offered to them. To read the article, click here.
Tesla equipment articles
The Powerwall: Tesla’s home battery and backup in Quebec, a comprehensive review
- This article explains what a Powerwall is, presents and explains its technical characteristics, gives you an idea of how much Powerwall you would need according to your level of electricity consumption and finally explains how the new dynamic pricing option of Hydro- Quebec could accelerate the return on investment of your Powerwall. To read the article, click here.
Tesla Solar Roof: How much does it cost?
- This article shows what a roof made of Tesla solar shingles looks like and compares it to other roofs made of similar products from other manufacturers. A price estimate is also provided. To read the article, click here.
Tesla solar shingles vs solar panels: which is better? And why?
- This article explains the difference between a Tesla solar roof and a conventional roof that has photovoltaic solar panels. To read the article, click here.
How can I reduce my energy consumption?
- This article presents a multitude of tips to help you reduce your energy consumption. To read the article, click here.
The decline, the first Quebec feature film on Netflix. Collaboration with Quebec Solar.
- This article focuses on the fact that Quebec Solar helped in the production of the first Quebec feature film broadcast on Netflix The Decline by sharing its energy expertise with the film crew by validating the content of certain extracts from texts bearing on solar energy and off-grid installations. To read the article, click here.